Updated as of May 15, 2020
Dear Valued Customers & Partners,
Delaney Hardware has been designated an essential business and will remain fully operational throughout this time. This designation will allow us to continue providing our high-level support, quality service and products you have come to expect from Delaney Hardware.
As always, the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and partners are our top priority. Thus, we are taking additional precautions in our day-to-day operations to follow the guidance and recommendations from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Prioritizing Public Health
- Our team is taking an active role in keeping our facilities properly sanitized and following World Health Organization (WHO) best practices with social distancing and working remotely where possible.
- All company business travel has been suspended until further notice. Our outside sales reps and Delaney associates are available by phone, email and virtual conference
- Our Customer Service hours has been updated to 7:30 am - 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. You may reach our team at 1.800.952.4430 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We modified our Customer Pick Up | Will Call policy at our distribution facility in Georgia effective 3/30/20.
New Customer Curb-Side Pick Up Policy (*This policy is subject to change at any time with or without notice)
- Customers must place orders via phone by calling 1.800.952.4430 and press option #2 for Customer Service. (May not order in person)
- Customers must call upon arrival to Delaney and remain in vehicles. Pickup hours will be 7:30 am – 5 pm.
- In lieu of Customer Signature – Delaney will note person’s name & date on Packing List
- Packing List will be left with product outside of designated loading area
- No customers will be allowed inside of the building (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Continued Operations with Great Inventory & Support
With our continued operations, our supply & inventory is strong and we are continuing to ship orders on-time. We have proactively set contingency plans in place to ensure we continuously provide our high-level service and support. We will continue to keep you informed if there are any changes.
Enhancing Digital Support
As all of our business adapts to the evolving environment, we’re offering more flexible options to support your needs virtually. Your Delaney sales representative will be available through video calls and will be reaching out to you to discuss any needs. We will be sharing digital tools and options to contact your customers. Please see our Resources page which will be updated regularly and contact us with any questions or marketing requests (email@example.com).
At Delaney, we have always made it a point to offer the highest service and support, now more than ever we are putting our customers and our team’s safety first. We thank you for your continued trust and support as we manage this time together.
Libby Zappala, President
Ensuring our home and business environment is clean and safe is a top priority. With the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, it’s important to keep surfaces clean and disinfected to help prevent the spread of the virus. This is crucial to do with highly touched locations such door hardware. We recommend implementing regular cleaning and disinfecting practices, as described below, in addition to thorough handwashing and other guidelines outlined by the CDC and World Health Organization.
Cleaning Your Hardware
Start by cleaning your hardware to remove any dust, dirt or debris.
- Wipe surfaces gently with mild soapy water, then repeat with water only to remove soapy residue.
- Dry and buff locks with soft cloth.
- Avoid using high concentrations of bleach solutions which can be corrosive and damaging to metals
- Do not use abrasive products to apply the cleaner such as scouring pads or steel wool.
- Avoid spraying the cleaning solution directly onto the product.
Please note: all lock manufacturers take steps to protect their products from showing signs of wear, but clear coat finishes require regular attention to retain their original appearance. The use of any abrasive or harsh cleaners will break down the surface coating. Locks should be cleaned with mild soapy water and buffed with a soft cloth.
Disinfecting Your Hardware
We recommend following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines under How to clean and disinfect which describes using an easy-to-prepare bleach solution or a 70% alcohol solution like hand sanitizer for disinfecting your home or your building facility.
Wearing disposable gloves, wipe surfaces gently with disinfectant, and do not spray or immerse. Per CDC guidelines, do not wipe the surfaces dry. Instead, the surface should remain wet for a minimum of 1 minute then allowed to air dry to give the disinfectant time to work effectively.